This New Zealand-based medical device company is growing through its expansion into overseas markets including first sales in 2019 in the USA. Its clinically proven sinus product was developed by a world-renowned ENT surgeon who is based in Australia and will support training and provide market insights. This product also has other potential indications and there are other products in development.
This person, who will be the first salesperson to be appointed in Australia, can be based in either Sydney or in Melbourne. The appointment is anticipated to start in in June-July approximately 3 months prior to product launch to enable the individual to help shape the nationwide sales strategy. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a new company which has ambitious global launch plans. The Territory Manager’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepare the sales strategy and plans for the Australian product launch
- Develop new business in the assigned territory through targeting key personnel
- Achieve or exceed sales targets
- Attend Operating Theatre cases with ENT surgeons
- Provide regular reports and maintain accurate records in the company CRM
- Provide education to all relevant clinical end-users and hospital staff
- Gather market intelligence (product, price, promotion, competition, discount)
- Develop and maintain a strong profile and professional image for the company
- Ensure the highest level of product and technical knowledge is attained
- Strive to understand customer needs and provide solutions
- Attend conferences and trade displays as required
- Interstate travel requirement approximately 25%.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Experience in the medical device industry - Experience selling into Operating Theatres
- Demonstrated ability to meet and achieve sales targets
- Able to work effectively within a team environment, as well as autonomously
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare system
- ENT experience will be highly regarded
- Strategic approach, with strong commercial acumen
- Interpersonal savvy; excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Customer focus; understand and deliver exemplary customer service
- Time management; able to set and reset priorities
- Willingness to learn, especially technical/clinical information.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based incentive scheme
- Car allowance
To apply, please send your CV via the link or email it to email@example.com. For a confidential discussion and to find out more, please call Deb Rudov on +61 417 112 405. Please quote job number 2000797 in written correspondence.